Civic Center Maintenance
Class Title: CIVIC CENTER MAINTENANCE Cost Code: #10-09
Department:Facility Management Grade No. GS-4
Division: Status: Classified
Will perform and maintain the Civic Center and other City buildings, offices, structures and ground. Coordinate the use of Civic Center and its use thru the City Clerk’s Office.
Under supervision of the Public Works Director and/or assigned Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the Civic Center in a manner that will be seen by the public and potential users as inviting.
- Maintain all restrooms and kitchen facilities in a clean and orderly manner that will assure approval from the Health Department (NMED).
- Maintain stock of supplies in restrooms; maintain sound equipment for use by renters.
- Set-up and breakdown chairs, tables, audiovisual and other equipment.
- Maintain inventory of Civic Center equipment and supplies.
- Conduct pre and post use inspections to assure that the Civic Center users did not damage the building or equipment.
- Perform basic repairs on buildings and equipment including, painting, waxing, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
- Use and maintain various hand and power tools used in general construction and maintenance.
- May be required to operate and perform daily maintenance on light equipment used by department.
- Assist in grounds keeping and maintenance work.
- Perform any combination of duties and/or responsibilities above commensurate to the grade level assigned.
- Will be required to be available to work evenings and weekends.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in building maintenance, construction and/or remodeling, and landscaping.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and do simple math.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to understand and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant working relationship with fellow employees and the general public
- Ability to work with the general public in different situation which may also involve use of alcohol by the public.
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Basic knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building maintenance and the use of to do minor repairs.
- Basic knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintaining the landscape and grounds around the Civic Center.
- Basic knowledge of A.D.A. building requirements.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to read, comprehend and learn the use of various chemicals and compounds, including potential effects when mixed or used.
Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must successfully pass the pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and post- offer employment medical examination.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
Utilizes any equipment, tools and materials necessary to accomplish the duties described in the Essential duties section above, including but not limited to:
- All general use hand and power tools, including such items as brooms, vacuum cleaners, floor polisher, power drills and saws, mowers and trimmers, chain saws and power blade cutters.
- All chemical associated therewith.
- Normal work performed on weekdays. A considerable amount of work will be based on flex-time in order to work evenings and weekends.
- Outside work is subject to seasonal temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Tasks may be performed on even, uneven, carpeted, hard, soft, wet or dry surfaces.
- Subject to hazards such as chemicals including herbicides, cement, cleaning solvents, industrial chemicals
- May be subject to health hazards such as infections, diseases, fumes, odors, dusts and gases, insulation, stucco, gasoline, diesel fuel, PV, cleaners, paints and thinners.
- Exposure to moderate to high noise levels.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Duties may involve lifting of heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Duties involve walking, climbing, crawling, standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, twisting, bending, ability to assume prune positions to rotate and to balance.
- Duties involve walking or standing for long periods of time on even, uneven, hard, soft, wet or dry surfaces.
- Duties require use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control grasp, manipulate, reach with hands and arms, overall and finger dexterity. To finger,
- Duties require ability to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. Bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference check; job related tests might be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
CIVIC CENTER MAINTENANCE
The City of Truth or Consequences has an opening for the position of CIVIC CENTER MAINTENANCE in the FACILITY MANAGEMENT DEPARMENT.
See Job Description for full requirements and representatives duties.
Pay rate commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits
Application and Job Description areavailable from the City’s Human Resources
Office, 505 Sims Street, T or C., NM, 87901, tel#575-740-7554 Fax #575-894-0363.Deadline for applications to be returned to City’s HR Office is until filled E.O.E.
May 22, 2020 - Sentinel
Workforce Solutions (05/22/2020 – until filled)
City’s Website (05/22/2020 – until filled)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled