Facility Maintenance Tech I
Class Title: Facility Maintenance Technician I Cost Code: #10-14
Department: Facility Management Grade No: GS-4
Division: Public Works Status: Classified
Will work on construction crew doing various constructions, renovation, remodeling and repair jobs involving City buildings, offices, structures and maintain grounds and facilities that are not parks or recreation areas.
Under close supervision of Facility Management Director and Assistant Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic carpentry, concrete finishing, plastering, stucco, sheetrock, tape and texturing, and painting.
- Perform basic repairs on buildings and equipment including plumbing, mechanical, and electrical.
- Use and maintain various hand and power tools used in general construction and maintenance,
- May be required to help with inspections and ADA updates to city buildings.
- May be required to operate and perform daily maintenance on heavy equipment use by department.
- Apply or assist in the application of pesticides and herbicides.
- Perform any combination of duties and/or responsibilities above commensurate to the grade level assigned.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience:
- One (1) year experience in building construction and/or remodeling; prefer municipal experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance.
- Working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to operate assigned heavy equipment used in construction projects.
- Knowledge of City Safety Policy, basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
- Knowledge of the use and application of pesticides and herbicides.
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
Requirements, Certifications, License:
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- New Mexico Public Applicator’s License for either pesticide or herbicide, or ability obtain same within one (1) year from the date of hire.
- Must successfully pass the pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and post-offer employment medical exam.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & MATERIALS:
Utilizes any equipment, tools and materials necessary to accomplish the duties described in the Essential Duties section above, including but not limited to:
- All general use hand and power tools, including such items as power drills and saws, mowers and trimmers, chain saws and power blade cutters.
- Pesticides, herbicides, chemicals and all associated with spraying equipment.
- Heavy equipment such as backhoes, ditch witch, augers, brush hogs, garden/utility tractors.
- Normal work performed on weekdays. Some overtime work may be required, including evenings and weekends.
- Outside work is subject to seasonal temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Tasks may be performed on even, uneven, carpeted, hard, soft, wet, or dry surfaces.
- Exposure to moderate to high noise levels.
- Will be subject to pesticides, herbicides, cement, cleaning solvents, industrial chemicals, swimming pool chemicals and products.
- Subject to job hazards include infections, diseases, fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, insulation, stucco, gasoline, diesel fuel, PVC cleaners, paints and thinners.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Duties may involve lifting of heavy objects not to exceed 100 pounds.
- Duties involve walking, climbing, crawling, standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, twisting, bending; ability to assume prone positions, to rotate, and to balance.
- Duties involve crouching and kneeling for long periods, twisting, bending; ability to rotate and to balance.
- Duties require use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, grasp, manipulate, reach with hands and arms, and overall finger dexterity.
- Duties require ability to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus, bilateral coordination, and eye and hand coordination.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
The City of Truth or Consequences has an opening for the position of FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I in the Facility Management Department.
See Job Description for full requirements and representatives duties.
Pay rate commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus benefits
Application and Job Description areavailable from the City’s Human Resources
Office, 505 Sims Street, T or C., NM, 87901, tel#575-740-7554Fax #575-894-0363.Deadline for applications to be returned to City’s HR Office is Until filled E.O.E.
March 20, 2020 - Sentinel
Workforce Solutions (03/20/2020 – until filled)
City’s Website (03/20/2020 – until filled)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled