The facilities run and/or maintained by the Truth or Consequences Parks and Recreation Department include:
- Cemeteries (Hot Springs Cemetery at the corner of Cedar & Eighth Streets, and Vista Memory Gardens directly west of I-25 Exit 79 on Dr. Hubble Drive)
- Civic Center, 400 W. Fourth Street
- Fish Pond at Ralph Edwards Park, Riverside between Cedar & Birch (photos) Open to citizens who are 12 or younger, 65 or older, or disabled.
- Golf Course, T or C Municipal, 685 Marie
- Gun Range, northwest side of town. Open 7 days a week, from 8am to 5pm in winter and from 8am to sundown in summer. Call for directions.
- Louis Armijo Sports Complex, 2800 S. Broadway. Multi-purpose fields; used for baseball, soccer and softball. Located across the street from the Fair Barn and Sierra County Events Center in Williamsburg. See the City Clerk's page for a rental agreement.
- Ralph Edwards Park, Riverside between Cedar & Birch (photos). Named for the host of the "Truth or Consequences" game show. The park entrance is just east of downtown, where Broadway, Austin and Cedar converge. The park offers shade trees, picnic tables, a gazebo, basketball courts, playground equipment, free wireless internet, and Skateboard Park. The Sierra County Farmers Market is held there from May through October on Saturday mornings. See the City Clerk's page for a rental agreement.
- Rodeo Arena, Located at 2800 S. Broadway, just east of the Louis Armijo Sports Complex. See the City Clerk's page for a rental agreement.
- Swimming Pool, 775 Daniels (at Charles)
- Gene Speer Tennis Courts, located in the 100 block of west Third Street, east of the library.
- Skateboard Park (photo), open to all ages. Located in Ralph Edwards Park on Riverside between Cedar & Birch.
The Parks & Recreation Department also provides a wide variety of both indoor and outdoor recreation activities for all age groups.
Youth activities include Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, Tennis, Soccer and Junior Rodeo. Contact numbers for these activities are available on our directory page. We are always looking for news activities for all ages to enjoy.
Call our office for information: 575-894-1943.